Sunday, June 25, 2006

To the Readers of The Greater Good

I have returned. By the grace of Almighty God my presence stands again on the soil of blogdom -- soil consecrated in the postings of thousands who have gone before. I have come, dedicated and committed, to the task of destroying every vestige of left and right-wing bullshit, and of restoring, upon a foundation of indestructible, strength, the quality of For the Greater Good.

At my side is my bloated ego, Elitist Know-it-all, worthy successor of that great patriot, Better Than-you. My presence is now therefore firmly re- established on Internetian soil.

The hour of your redemption is here. Your loyal readers have demonstrated an unswerving and resolute devotion to the principles of The Greater Good that challenges the best that is written on the web pages of human history. I now call upon your supreme effort that the enemy may know from the temper of an aroused and outraged readership within that he has a force there to contend with no less violent than is the force committed from without.

Rally to me. Let the indomitable spirit of national security and military history lead on. As the lines of battle roll forward to bring you within the zone of comment, click and type. Strike at every favorable opportunity. For your blogs and history departments, strike! For future generations of military historians, strike! In the name of disillusioned graduate students, strike! Let no heart be faint. Let every arm be steeled. The guidance of divine God points the way. Follow in His Name to the Holy Grail of righteous victory!




Long absence from the blog over the past few weeks. It’s been a little rough on my end. For some reason events just seem to spiral out of control at the same time and serious setbacks ensue. The main victim in all of this, besides you the reader of course has been my MA thesis. I tend to write most effectively by allotting long periods of time to the process. Early morning to early evenings with an extended caffeine break around noon. I’m a creature of habit. I don’t know why but I find it extremely difficult to start my process in the afternoon and write into the night. Now I’ve got problems though. I’m trying to finish this gaudy monstrosity before law school starts in August so I’m gonna have to buck up this week and do some serious work. That’ll mean around- the-clock writing. I need to get the first draft written as soon as possible so I can work my revision magic which, hopefully, will turn this baby into an effective post-revision yarn of the Revolt of the Admirals.

Time to get it on!!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home